Friday, June 16, 2017

Listen :: George Ezra returns with new single ‘Don’t Matter Now’




Words: Ellie Ward

George Ezra returns today (June 16) with new single ‘Don’t Matter Now’.

The track, which was premiered by Annie Mac as her Hottest Record on BBC Radio 1 this week, is the first new material from the Hertford singer-songwriter since 'Barcelona' two years ago, apart from a special track, 'Me & You', released last Christmas as part of the soundtrack to the animation We’re Going On A Bear Hunt.

“When I first wrote it, it was me writing a song for myself," says Ezra. "It was me telling myself to chill out a bit. Actually over the last eighteen months, for the first time, I’d started having little bouts of anxiety.But then I started to play it to friends and it seemed that they kind of took something from it, which is nice."


No comments:

Post a Comment