Thursday, July 19, 2018

Track Of The Day :: No Mono - Fever Highs





Words: Linn Branson

The Australian kings of lushness No Mono return with 'Fever Highs' - out on August 10 - their first single since the release of their May debut album 'Islands Part 1

Little Indie last covered the Alice Springs duo, Tom Snowdon and Tom Iansek, with the fourth single from that record, ‘Frostbitten’, but we will admit, 'Fever Highs' surpasses even that.

So graceful, so poetic, so unspeakably beautiful as Tom S's falsetto slides with dexterity around lines such evocative lines like: "there's something so fierce about the back of your tongue, I / I was just waiting for your orbit... so lock jaw and pick my face / I sit and think about my father / he's just another feather for my armour..."

The unobtrusive electronica and as always, superb production from Tom I, plays a subtle partner that gently draws out the spine-tingling quality of the chorus: "I'm all out of focus /  I'm all out of pain / there's nothing there / just open air / I'm just falling with the rain..."

“We wrote ‘Fever Highs’ when working on music for our debut offerings,” says Snowdon. “It’s the other side of this project, a stark vibe with real gritty energy that is a big part of our live show and contrasts with the more introspective stories and atmospheres on Part 1 that are so intimate and sparse.”

It's hard not to swoon and melt when you hear something so damned fine as this. And if you happen to be Down Under - catch them live for us at the upcoming dates below.



Live dates

JULY
20 North Byron Parklands
Byron Bay, NSW

AUGUST
25 The Brightside Fortitude Valley, QLD
31 Jive Bar Adelaide, SA

SEPTEMBER
01 Jack Rabbit Slim's Perth, WA
06 Howler Brunswick, VIC
07 Corner Hotel Richmond, VIC (sold out)
15 Studio Theatre, Darwin Entertainment Centre Darwin, NT
16 Monte's Lounge Alice Springs, NT

No comments:

Post a Comment