Wednesday, April 08, 2020

AKA GEORGE shares humorous virus isolation video for 'Bad For You'





Words: Ellie Ward 

AKA GEORGE, aka London-based alt-pop rock artist George Barnett, has shared a new humorous video for these present virus isolation times.

Following the recent 'Up All Night', the new ‘Bad For You' - the title cut off his debut EP, out this Friday, April 10 - is a driving track that punches its way through just shy of two minutes of hooky riffs and infectious rhythms. The homemade video provides a glimpse of life incarcerated indoors, with George descending into a downwards spiral of boredom and frustration in quarantine.

"‘Bad For You’ is about being in a toxic relationship," he says, "but being unable to resist it. I was craving it like a drug. I knew it was bad for me but i was never going to stop. I’m one of those people who goes all in. I don’t like half measures, if I’m doing something I’m doing it 100%. That can cause problems sometimes – you can get in too deep and things become messy, especially in a relationship – but I wouldn’t have it any other way."

No comments:

Post a Comment