Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Pale Waves herald new album with ‘Change’



Words: Sam Geary 

Preceding second album ‘Who Am I?’ - due out on February 12 2021 via Dirty Hit - Pale Waves drop a new single called ‘Change’ - the first from the Manchester outfit since their 2018 debut album 'My Mind Makes Noises'.

Premiered on BBC Radio 1 last night (November 10) as Annie Mac’s Hottest Record In The World, the alt-pop bop 'Change' is the lead cut from the forthcoming new record, which is said to find lead singer Heather Baron-Gracie “reflecting on her own growing pains - depression, distraction, and feelings of darkness", but also her experience of "falling in love, emerging with a clarity and optimism - being more open about her sexuality and stepping forward as the sort of front woman she couldn’t see when she was growing up.”

‘Who Am I?’ tracklist:

‘Change’
‘Fall To Pieces’
‘She’s My Religion’
‘Easy’
‘Wish U Were Here’
‘Tomorrow’
‘You Don’t Own Me’
‘I Just Needed You’
‘Odd Ones Out’
‘Run To’
‘Who Am I?’

The album was recorded in Los Angeles pre-lockdown with producer Rich Costey (Muse, Foo Fighters, Sigur Rós).

No comments:

Post a Comment