Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Watch :: Anna of the North releases video of Cher’s ‘Believe’ cover



Words: Sam Geary 

Oslo-based Norwegian singer-songwriter Anna Lotterud, better known by her stage name Anna of the North, has shared a video for her cover of Cher’s ‘Believe’.

The single is the title-track off her latest EP.

The video clip, directed by Alexander Zarate Frez, features Anna with a replica of Cher’s headpiece from the 1998 music video as she’s singing in a clear cage, surrounded by adoring fans.

"Personally 'Believe' by Cher has always been one of my go to songs," says Anna. "We’ve always been playing the song on tour when we were arriving at venues to get extra hyped before a show. On my last tour we started playing the song out loud in the venue after the encore. And me and the audience would just start this huge dance party which was just the best ending to every show. This release is a tribute to my fans and our memories together, and a little chance for me to channel my inner Cher."

Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment