Thursday, December 03, 2020

LA's spill tab offers video to debut EP track ‘name’


Words: Sam Geary 

As well as releasing her debut EP ‘Oatmilk’ earlier this week, Los Angeles-based, French-Korean bedroom-pop singer spill tab has one of its tracks called ‘name’ alongside a video.

“I was having a really weird day with my significant other on the day I made ‘name’," reveals spill tab, aka Claire Chicha.

"I was feeling confused and insecure around this person that I liked and that made me want to blame all our problems on him. The idea of giving back a first name is a reference to all the little endearing nicknames you give to someone you’re dating in exchange for their real name, and when the relationship ends you basically have to trade those back in for their first name. 

"So being the one to give back his first name basically means being the one to call it quits.”

Watch the video for ‘name’ below.

No comments:

Post a Comment