Friday, February 05, 2021

Track Of The Day :: Bad Weather - All I Know


Words: Linn Branson 

First heard almost a year ago with 'Teenagers In Love', Callum Robertson, aka Bad Weather, now returns with a gem of a new alt-pop beauty - 'All I Know'.

The Australian Perth-based artist has cornered the market with a kind of woozy Oz version of Matty Healy appeal, but he is no copy. 'All I Know' - released today, February 5 - is a welcomingly warm emo-pop affair that is harnessed by the emotive, yet controlled vocals that nestle perfectly in a well-produced palette of electronic melodies.

"'All I Know' is a reflective song trying to come to terms with someone you love leaving," explains Callum. "It was written in my bedroom during the lockdown of last year which coincided with a breakup that I was going through. I wrote a lot of music during this time and this was one of the songs that came out. I think we all had to create a big world out of our very real physical limits and for me, music was the perfect remedy for that."

Bad Weather plays a single launch show at The Bird in Perth on February 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment