Monday, December 15, 2014

Introducing :: LemuelG



It is always intriguing when a new artist comes along that stops you in your tracks on first hearing.

LemuelG seems to have started popping up in inboxes, supplying just one online track and nothing more. 'Life Cap' instantly feels personal; the listener almost intruding on the inner psyche of the writer: "I'm young and distressed/boxed in for life is what it seems/no satisfaction apart from my dreams/I'm kicking and screaming to get let out/nobody can hear me, no whisper or shout/so I feel like it's the end."

The writer, and musician in question, is 25-year-old Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania native Lemuel Wilcox. 'Life Cap' is the first taste from a debut album by the multi-instrumentalist/producer currently being worked on, and mooted for release early next summer.

"'Life Cap' is about how I feel I have lived two lives," Lem - as he is known - told us this weekend. "It's about putting an end to my past life and how I felt when I was in it." Without saying too much, from what we understand Lem has fought battles against drugs and alcohol in the past; now fighting back and putting all into his music.







No comments:

Post a Comment