Sunday, February 05, 2017

Track Of The Day :: Fazerdaze - Lucky Girl




Words: Sam Geary

Auckland, New Zealand's Fazerdaze, Amelia Murray's project which becomes a quartet live, has already attracted attention overseas as well as Down Under.

Now Murray brings her intimate, bedroom guitar-pop out on first single, the bittersweet 'Lucky Girl' from the upcoming debut album, 'Morningside', out on May 5 via Flying Nun Records.

“I wrote and recorded this track while I was living in a room that had no windows – except for a skylight which I eventually had to block out to stop my room from overheating," reveals Murray. "It was so dark in there and I slowly began to feel sad, like the walls were enclosing on me – that’s how I got the idea for the first lyric”

Fazerdaze are in the UK in April/May.

April
29 Leeds - Live At Leeds
30 Manchester - Sounds From The Other City Festival

May
01 Glasgow - The Hug and Pint
03 Bristol - The Louisiana
04 London - Thousand Island
05 Bournemouth - The Anvil
18 Brighton - The Great Escape

No comments:

Post a Comment