Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we next take time out with Trampolene.
London-based (by way of Swansea) three-piece Trampolene have been compared to The Libertines (Jack Jones is a member of Peter Doherty’s band, The Puta Madres, playing lead guitar) and The Black Keys. Their live set is a raucous ball of fuzzy riffs and high energy, often interspersed with some poetry.
1. First time at TGE?
Second. I played my first ever poetry set there in a little pub. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was called.
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
Never been as a punter, could never afford it.
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
Probably just a day-tripper - because I love The Beatles so much.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
Turning up...and tuning up…watching Wayne take his top off...poetry and songs with a bit of chat in-between.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Probably on the pier having a game of Point Blank. Although there aren’t many better things in life than eating fish and chips on the beach.
6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
God knows...probably something very un-rock & roll like hanging out in Waterstones - they have a nice one there.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
In alphabetical order: Bang Bang Romeo, BlackWaters, The Blinders, Blood Red Shoes, Cabbage, Childhood, Dead Pretties, Goat Girl, Joe Fox, Moses, The Sundowners, The Wholls, Tom Grennan and Yonaka.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
May 20th Saturday - The Hope and Ruin, 6:30pm
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Bring some ear plugs and don’t drink or eat otherwise you will have to use the portaloos.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."
...life is to short and could end tomorrow and we will never have had a chance to say hello and …well...who else are you gonna see?
(Questions answered by vocalist/guitarist Jack Jones)
Track Trampolene on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.