Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Listen :: Rachel K Collier drops tribal-infused 'Poison' as new single





Words: Sam Geary

London-based Swansea artist Rachel K Collier - described by Huw Stephens as “blissed-out vocal electo-pop” - drops a touch of tribal-infused 'Poison' - the second single from her forthcoming self-produced debut album, released via NIF Records.

“I’m really happy with how 'Poison' evolved as a production - the main drum loop is sampled from another one of my beats after I slowed it and pitched it down - I had to make a whole new track with it," she says of the track, with its hooky bassline and driving chorus.

"It’s such a great tune to play live, especially with my percussionist who absolutely nails the toms. I’ve seen the lyrics behind 'Poison' way too many times in life -it drives me mad when I see someone being fed some charm or bullshit and totally falling for it everytime”.



Live dates

JULY
24 Dalston Easton Curve Festival
28 Standon Calling Festival
AUGUST
04 Fieldview Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment