Thursday, June 13, 2019

'I Don't Kno' say LA collective Beach Bums on new LP cut




Words: Ellie Ward 

This new single, 'I Don't Kno', from Los Angeles music/art collective Beach Bums, is a curious one as musically its hoe-down tone makes you feeling grabbing a partner, throwing your hat in the air and dancing a jig, its lyrics have a darker side.

Taken from their incoming album, 'YEARS', out July 26, 'I Don't Kno', like much of the genre-defying group’s work, is permeated by feelings of depression and anxiety, self-loathing and an unshakeable sense of early 20s ennui.

"Sometimes I wanna burn the house down / sometimes I wanna blow my brains out / oh I don't know what to do", sings vocalist/guitarist/producer Jonathan Horsley, over just under two minutes of the folk-alt-rock track. You see what I mean? Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment