Thursday, June 04, 2020

Stockholm duo Slide are just... 'Waiting'





Words: Sam Geary 

Following the release of their recent single ‘Hello Spirit’, Swedish two-piece Slide deliver another new track, alt-pop gem ‘Waiting’.

Released yesterday (June 3), the Stockholm-based pair Stockholm-based Albin Skeppholm and Simon Werner,
offer yet more genre-bending sounds on this bold and vibrant new cut that focuses on the theme of love being the antidote to fear.

"'Waiting' is about a lot of things. I think it was just a reflection on everything going through my mind at the time like love, life, death, success, failure and even global warming in some regard. I realised I was really scared about the future and the only thing that made me calm was talking about these things with my girlfriend and how love is kind of this eternal larger than life thing you know?"

Try a taste below.


No comments:

Post a Comment