Monday, September 21, 2020

Boy Willows teams up with Dylan Minnette of Wallows on new single 'Fila'





Words: Sam Geary 

LA-via-Maryland Boy Willows - aka Landon Fleischman - shares his latest  single 'Fila', on which he is joined by Dylan Minnette of Wallow, and comes with Boy Willows' own self-directed video.

Embracing themes of vulnerability and healing, both inwardly and outwardly, without feeling overbearingly serious, 'Fila' serves as a therapy session between two friends as they cope with being alone in different ways.

“Dylan and I were talking to each other about what feelings bubbled up when we were forced to slow down for the first time in a long time," explains Fleischman. "I wanted the song to be dream-like. The first lyrics are ‘follow me down’ because it's meant to take the listener down a rabbit hole of what's going on in my head. When I was making the instrumental, I was picturing everything in slow motion, super delicate and airy, giving space for Dylan and I to share some intimate stuff. We got to collaborate on this song and heal by singing about it together. Looking at the song now, it’s cool to hear our verses almost converse with each other. It’s comforting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment