Monday, September 17, 2018

Track Of The Day :: Sea Girls - All I Want To Hear You Say




Words: Linn Branson

Don't be fooled by the seemingly restrained opening to Sea Girls' latest single, 'All I Want To Hear You Say', for within 30 seconds it's building on those oh-so-delicious choruses that we expect to hear now from this band, and bouncing along in a hands in the air way.

The catchy lines delivered so well by the delectable tones of Henry Camamile - "And I just want to know / If you’re in Manchester will you come to my show? / And say / How you doing? / Well, I want you to know that I am doing / Better than I was before" - tell their own story, accompanied by anthemic guitar-pop melodies and subtle underlying synths.

"There’s this common problem where we all measure ourselves by how other people perceive us, and that desire for others to want and respect you," says vocalist and songwriter Camamile of the song, which was produced by Larry Hibbitt. “You need to respect yourself first, though. You can’t wait for the approval of someone else, and that’s the message we want to portray here in 'All I Want To Hear You Say'."

The single precedes Sea Girls' upcoming October UK tour. See dates further down.



Live dates

OCTOBER
04 Bodega, Nottingham
05 King Tut's, Glasgow
11 Mama Roux's, Birmingham
12 The Leadmill, Sheffield
13 Think Tank?, Newcastle
18 Scala, London
19 The Haunt, Brighton
20 Joiners Arms, Southampton
21 Thekla, Bristol
23 Workman’s Club, Dublin
24 Limelight 2, Belfast

No comments:

Post a Comment