Wednesday, October 03, 2018

SOAK returns with new single 'Everybody Loves You'





Words: Sam Geary

Debuted on BBC Radio 1 last night (October 2) as Annie Mac's Hottest Record In The World, SOAK - Bridie Monds-Watson - returns with her beautiful new single 'Everybody Loves You', which is available now on Rough Trade.

'Everybody Loves You' is the first new material from the Northern Irish artist since 2015's critically-acclaimed debut album, 'Before We Forgot How To Dream'.

"'Everybody Loves You'," she says, "is a song about extreme denial. More specifically about my stubborn ability to convince myself I don’t want something that I do and blind my rational thought process - I suppose in this case, as a way of self-protection (and avoiding vulnerability). The lift at the end of the song ("Everybody wants you, And I do too") represents the almost comedic/foolish acceptance of my own feelings. A 360 turn of events in which I then so desperately want all that I had rejected and pushed away. A consistent theme of my younger self."

Tune in here.



Live dates

NOVEMBER
26 Belfast, Oh Yeah Music Centre
27 Dublin, Grand Social
28 Manchester, Jimmy's
29 London, Omeara

No comments:

Post a Comment