Monday, January 14, 2019

Sam Fender 'Play[s] God and announces new May dates




Words: Sam Geary

BRITs Critics' Choice winner Sam Fender has announced he is re-releasing 2017's 'Play God', which was originally released independently to "ensure any new fans he made had something to hear online when discovering Sam live".

"'Play God'," he says, "is set in alternate dystopian reality that shares similarities with our own world. I wrote it a couple of years ago when there were a lot of big changes happening in both the UK and the States. I had just entered my twenties, I was ancxious about the future of the world and its leaders, and it didn't help that I'd just read George Orwell's 1984 at the time. As you can imagine, I was pretty paranoid."

Along with the track, Sam has also pencilled in six new live dates for May. Tickets go on general sale this coming Friday, January 18, at 9am. See below.



Live dates

MAY
02 Manchester, Ritz
03 Glasgow, QMU
06 London, Shepherd's Bush Empire
10 Birmingham, Institute
12 Exeter, Lemon Grove
13 Bristol, SWX

No comments:

Post a Comment