Thursday, March 07, 2019

Listen :: Kindness - Cry Everything (Feat. Robyn)


Credit: Michele Young 


Words: Sam Geary 

Kindness, aka Adam Bainbridge, hasn't been much heard of since his 2014 second album 'Otherness' and a 2016 track 'A Retelling' which was a contribution to a benefit compilation.

But now Adam returns with 'Cry Everything', a new song on which he collaborates with Robyn, dual harmonizing over a house-music beat, and including a sample of Todd Rundgren's 'Pretending To Care'.

In a statement, Kindness said the following:

"A whole lot has changed since 2014, when I last released music. I hope my new music is a reflection of this, and how I want to move through the world. Please note my new pronouns, and use them, thank you! ❤

“Cry Everything” is a song myself and Robyn started together in 2014, and both of us have grown, cried and experienced joy & heaviness in that time. In a bittersweet way, I think only the current version of me could have finished this song, and that it’s a message of tenderness and understanding to a former self. Thank you to Todd Rundgren for letting us use his voice, and to you all for waiting for me to work out what I wanted to say when I came back to music. I’ve missed you! Cry Everything, co-written with @Robyn, is out now."




Live dates

JUNE
04 – Brooklyn, NY Baby’s All Right
06 – Los Angeles, @ Zebulon
11 – Paris, Le Badaboum
13 – Berlin, Kantine am Berghain
14 – London, Oslo

No comments:

Post a Comment