Thursday, May 16, 2019

Listen :: Havelock - Vacancy





Words: Sam Geary 

Following his debut release 'Pig Latin', London-based artist Havelock has teamed up with Oscar Scheller in the production chair for his new single.

Released on Monday, 'Vacancy' is an off-kilter, hip-hop infused, R&B jam that lyrically expresses the struggle between holding down a full-time job with a music career.

“When I wrote 'Vacancy', I worked myself into the ground with waiter work," he says. "It was really getting me down because it was hard to fit my music and writing around the need to earn money. I just externalised all of this work-related stress into a song with Oscar Scheller, who produced it. It was written super quickly. It was one of those songs where it kind of just wrote itself."

Listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment