Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Lonelyspeck - Drown





Words: Ellie Ward 

After introducing us last month to the delightful strains of  'My Angel Goes Before Me', Adelaide-based singer/ songwriter and producer Sione Teumohenga - aka Lonelyspeck - shares the second cut off a forthcoming EP work.

'Drown' is another example of the creative use of genre blending with atmospheric production values and a whole gamut of hypnotising electronic indie pop nuances, that combine to make this artist so entrancing.

"The refrains in 'Drown' are mantras for trusting myself when I feel held back or discouraged from being my full self," states Lonelyspeck, who has drawn praise from the likes of Troye Sivan and Japanese Wallpaper. "As I’ve become more in touch with myself over the years, there have been times where I’ve felt people in my life didn’t want me to gain confidence because it didn’t fit their expectations of me. At those times I want to remind myself to trust that I know me best.

"But more than that I think this song is addressing my own persistent fears about owning myself and living my truth. The image of being encased in a decaying skin until I pierce it and free myself is particularly relevant to that."

'Drown' in all four minutes below.

No comments:

Post a Comment