Monday, October 21, 2019

Watch :: The Orielles - Come Down On Jupiter





Words: Sam Geary 

Announcing their second album, 'Disco Volador', to be released on February 28 2020 via Heavenly Recordings, psych-indie popsters The Orielles share the album's lead single, 'Come Down On Jupiter'.

The track comes with a video directed by Rose Hendry, which the Halifax band filmed at Arments pie & mash shop in Kennington, London.

"When I first heard the track I was immediately transported into some sort of mystery melodrama from another era, with a strong dose of something psychedelic," says Hendry. "This was my starting point, alongside an image by photographer, Ralph Gibson, of a cup of tea sitting on a beige table, bathed in warm sunlight with a plastic spoon resting against the lip. I enjoyed the idea of centring the video around an incident with a cup of tea - that felt dramatic to me -something 'mundane' becoming something dramatic. I wanted to encapsulate the playful psychedelia in a psychological and structural way as opposed to the “pastiched to death” VW campervan kind of way. Add to that toast and the rest developed from there."

Watch below.



No comments:

Post a Comment