Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Thyla go back to their roots on new release 'Lenox Hill'


Credit: Sapphire Needham


Words: Ellie Ward 

Brighton-based post-punks Thyla have dropped a new single today called 'Lennox Hill'.

The second track taken from their forthcoming EP, ‘Everything At Once’, out January 24 2020, sees frontwoman Millie Duthie going back to her roots.

“Lenox Hill is the hospital I was born in, with the track inspired by my early years as a kid living in New York City,” she explains. “It’s an honest and emotional coming-of-age tale. Life can take so many turns and you can forget where you came from and what makes you you. The important stuff like family can get set aside in the pursuit of whatever it is that drives you. ‘Lenox Hill’ is about realising you’re lost and deciding to go back to your roots to find the way again.

“I ran from home and my friends to do music but it’s only since I’ve started going back (literally and metaphorically speaking) that I feel like I’ve got a real shot at it."

'Lenox Hill' sees Thyla at the top as they carry sweet melodies and Duthie's engaging vocals with atmospheric guitars and steadfast beats to up the ante.

No comments:

Post a Comment