Thursday, December 12, 2019

Embrace your 'inner introvert' with Bakers Eddy's 'On My Own'





Words: Sam Geary 

Oz-based New Zealanders Bakers Eddy are back witj a new slice of their unabashed melodic punk, sharing a fun new video for their single ‘On My Own’ that “celebrates the joy of embracing your inner introvert in an otherwise crowded word.”

Recorded in their adopted home town of Melbourne and mixed by Grammy Award nominated producer Doug Boehm (Twin Peaks, Tokyo Police Club), ‘On My Own’ is, in the words of frontman Ciarann Babbington, a “celebration of laziness”.

“I’m declaring that I feel uninspired and uninterested and it’s so fine," he says. "There’s so much guilt that comes with having off days in a world of 15 second socialites, where everyone’s got their own highlight reel, and I think it’s totally fine to slow the fuck down and embrace your introvert every once and a while.”

Watch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment