Wednesday, January 22, 2020

New album coming from Waxahatchee, preceded by track 'Fire'





Words: Ali Mack

Katie Crutchfield's Waxahatchee project has announced her new album 'Saint Cloud' will be out on March 27 via Merge Records.

Recorded last summer at Tornillo, Texas’ Sonic Ranch and Stuyvesant, New York’s Long Pond, the record was produced by Brad Cook and includes contributions from guitarist and keyboardist Josh Kaufman, drummer Nick Kinsey, and backing band Bonny Doon.

"The idea and melody for 'Fire' was dreamt up while driving over the Mississippi River from Memphis into West Memphis, sun reflecting off the water which literally made West Memphis glow," says Crutchfield. "The song’s written by me, to myself. It’s about the internal dialogue of shame surrounding mistakes you’ve made in the past and how we spiral and beat ourselves up when we slip. It’s meant to be a bit of a personal pep talk.

"If I can love myself unconditionally, then I can move through the world a little easier. If I can accept that I only have a partial view of the universe, and that I can’t know everything or control much of anything, then I can breathe a little easier, take better care of myself, and be closer to my own truth."

'Saint Cloud' tracklist:

01 Oxbow
02 Can't Do Much
03 Fire
04 Lilacs
05 The Eye
06 Hell
07 Witches
08 War
09 Arkadelphia
10 Ruby Falls
11 St. Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment