Monday, February 17, 2020

Brooklyn grungers Pom Pom Squad are 'Red With Love'


Credit: Cherie Bugtong



Words: Sam Geary 

Brooklyn's indie-grunge outfit Pom Pom Squad follow last year's 'Ow' EP and the delectable 'Honeysuckle', with a Valentine's Day love song release, 'Red With Love'.

The track comes with a visual accompaniment shot at Brooklyn DIY space The Baumann and NYC venue The Dance - one of the last videos shot there before its scheduled closing on February 18.

"‘Red’ is my first proper love song and a pretty unguarded look into my heart, my relationship anxiety, and my acceptance of my own queerness," explains lead singer/guitarist Mia Berrin.

"The first time I walked into The Dance, I was so inspired. I knew it was the perfect place to capture the feel of this song. I’m sad to see it go.”

Watch and listen below.



Live dates

FEBRUARY
26 San Francisco, CA Noise Pop Festival

MARCH
13-22 Austin, TX SXSW

APRIL
04 Chicago, IL Schubas Tavern
06 Detroit, MI PJ’s Lager House
07 Toronto, ON The Drake
09 Boston, MA Great Scott
10 New York, NY Rough Trade
11 Philadelphia, PA Boot & Saddle
12 Washington, DC Songbyrd

No comments:

Post a Comment