Monday, March 02, 2020

Danish electro-pop artist Blondage unveils visuals to new EP title track, 'I Love Music'


Credit: Zille Bostinius


Words: Sam Geary 

Directed by Daniel Borgman, Danish electro-pop artist Blondage unveils the visuals to the title track from her second EP, 'I Love Music', which was released last week.

The video to Copenhagen-based Pernille Smith-Sivertsen's 'I Love Music' was shot on 16mm film and presents two parallel scenes: one depicting Smith-Sivertsen restless and lonely in a hotel room; the other a jubilant meeting of swing dancers in a small gymnasium, contrasting isolationism with a sense of community. Ultimately, she and the dancers coalesce for a technicolor disco party.

“My scene in the hotel room is a visualization of the process I went through while making this EP," she says, "where I had to find the spirit and passion within myself. I am not afraid to show the frustration and uncertainty that comes with pursuing one's dream, and wanted the imagery to reflect the true emotions behind my songs."

Watch below.

No comments:

Post a Comment