Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Squid release visual work for 'Broadcaster'





Words: Sam Geary 

Squid unveiled their newest single ‘Broadcaster’, the AA-side companion to ‘Sludge’, back in May, now the Brighton-based outfit return with the release of a visual.

Directed by Wieslawa Ruta, it’s a visually dazzling cyber-adventure, full of kinetic emotion and intricate illustration.

"When I listened to this song, I knew I wanted to do it, I had a vision and a feeling of how it should look, but I did not know how to achieve it," says Ruta. "I wrote about it to them that I have problems and asked them if they can wait for the first effects. in that moment they supported me so much, they believed in me so much that I felt that I had friends and people who totally understood the creative process. I felt that we really understood each other. I knew that I would act with a light, that it would be a dark picture lightened by a light, but I did not know that I would end up working at night taking pictures with the camera of increasingly strange flashes and reflections on various surfaces."

"After seeing WiesÅ‚awa’s collaborations with Dynasonic and Instant Classic in Poland, we felt the beautiful analogue darkness in her work would be a perfect companion to "Broadcaster'," the band add. "WiesÅ‚awa’s attention to colour, light and shape has created visuals even more mesmerising than we imagined. It feels very special when artists from different fields can collaborate so seamlessly as that’s often a difficult thing to get right."

Watch below.

No comments:

Post a Comment