Friday, September 25, 2020

Australian producer and artist Hauskey is 'Somewhere'





Words: Sam Geary 

Fresh from co-writing and producing Melbourne artist SKŸE's 'Love Like That', Andy Hopkins - aka Hauskey - has just dropped his own new single, 'Somewhere'.

It's the follow up to the Sydney-based indie-pop multi-instrumentalist's debut release 'Slow' and 'Life's One Hell Of A Drug', both from the first half of the year.

“I wrote 'Somewhere' during week three of lockdown in Sydney," says Hauskey of the breezy, melodic number. "It was such an escape for me, that once I finished the first demo, I sat there for hours and just looped it over and over. It’s as much about physically wanting to get away, as needing to get out of my own head and stop thinking about every single negative thing that 2020 has thrown at us.

“It’s a short retreat, in a long year.”



No comments:

Post a Comment