Tuesday, September 29, 2020

‘Forever Isn’t Long Enough’ says Alfie Templeman on new track


Credit:
Sarah Louise Bennett 



Words: Sam Geary 

Premiered last night (September 28) as Annie Mac’s ‘Hottest Record In The World’ on BBC Radio 1, ‘Forever Isn’t Long Enough’ is the first single from Alfie Templeman since the release of EP 'Happiness In Liquid Form' in July.

The funk groove and disco rhythms of the track belie the lyrics which tell a different story. 

“Some days I can’t stop thinking about how short life is and how you only have so much time to spend with the ones you love," says Templeman. "Deep, right? Honestly I’ve made so many songs with the titles ‘Forever Isn’t Long Enough’ but this one felt the most meaningful. I’m still way too young to give anyone life advice but this track to me is about how I’ve noticed that the further away you are from your memories, the closer they are to your heart.”

Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment