Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Track Of The Day :: April - Watching You Disappear




Words: Sam Geary 

After selling out her debut EP 'New Conditions' back in the spring, Irish songstress April Lawlor makes her return with another slice of lush R&B inflected bedroom pop with ‘Watching You Disappear’.

The smooth, atmospheric number - preceding a second EP, 'Luna', with production by Spector frontman Fred Macpherson, and out on October 23 - is a slow and sultry three minutes from the Dublin-based 21-year-old.

“I wrote ‘Watching You Disappear’ at a time I was going out loads and doing things to take my mind off things and feelings, so the title is basically about me watching someone fade away in my mind as I preoccupy my brain!" she reveals. "I used to listen to “I’ll come too” by James Blake every night I’d go out, so I put the lyric 'I’m in that kinda mood' in my song as a little homage.”

Tune in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment