Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Track Of The Day :: Sprints - Drones

 



Words: Ellie Ward 

Shared via a video directed and produced by James Baldwin, Hannah Gallagher and Bob Kiberd, Dublin four-piece Sprints unveil new single ‘Drones’.

Lifted from forthcoming Daniel Fox (Girl Band)-produced EP 'Manifesto' - out later this month on Nice Swan Records - the broodingly taught post-punk ‘Drones’ melds refined industrial elements with nervy guitars, explosive tension that is helmed Karla Chubb’s dominating vocals.

"'Drones' is very literally about my struggles with imposter syndrome," reveals Chubb. "I think being a female in music, I struggle a lot with feeling like I have something to prove. It’s not okay for me to just be good, I have to be great. I have to prove constantly why I am deserving to be on the stage, or holding that guitar or that microphone. That pressure can be very difficult to deal with, and I think a lot of the times you doubt yourself then, am I actually able to write? Or is this all shit? 

"'Drones' is about my experiences with dealing with this pressure, but realising that a lot of people have these struggles. The bars fill, the car parks fill, life seems to go on and on, and we can become so focused internally on our issues that you don’t realise that maybe while I was wishing I was someone else, they’re also wishing the same thing.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment