Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Sam Fender has Christmas covered with 'Winter Song'



Words: Ellie Ward 

Sam Fender has his sights set on Christmas and the battle for Number One with a cover of 1970s folk track, 'Winter Song', originally recorded by Lindisfarne's Alan Hull.

"I wanted to do a Christmas song," he says, "and wanted it to be close to my home and my heart. For me, the words are more relevant this year than ever. Christmas won’t be the same for a lot of people this year, and that’s why I picked 'Winter Song'. Alan Hull truly was one of the most fantastic and underrated writers of his time. Geordie legend. I hope I’ve done it justice, I’m really proud of it."

The somg comes with a lyric video, created in collaboration with People of The Streets (POTS) - a social enterprise that seeks to put human stories at the heart of homelessness. 

Watch below.



No comments:

Post a Comment