Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Only Sun are back with new single 'Weird Wins'

Credit: Jordan Daniel Logan


High Wycombe four-piece Only Sun have returned with storming new single 'Weird Wins', out today via Close Up // Modern Sky.

The track - taken from the indie rockers' forthcoming debut album 'Tangled Mind', out on April 30 - is a bombastic future indie-disco classic that sees gloriously chaotic yet focused instrumentation back up urgent vocals.

Speaking about 'Weird Wins', Only Sun said: "I wrote the words to this song last winter when it felt my mind was pulling me in so many directions. I was trying to focus on doing some good, but it was noisy up there. My head was being yanked into different realities and at the mercy of any thought that snuck its way in. Thoughts became personalities, and the personalities became puppeteers who controlled my everyday actions and relationships.

"I thought that it might help for me to dissect who these multiple personalities were. I gave them names and diagnosed where their problems may stem from. Phil, Spence and Jane were born. They, among others, are the masters of the Tangled Mind. Get to know them, as they have a lot to say on the album."

No comments:

Post a Comment