Thursday, January 21, 2016

[Video] Beirut - Perth





Indie poppers Beirut have unveiled the video for 'Perth', a track from their 'No No No' album released last autumn on 4AD.

The clip, directed by Clara Aranovich, was shot in split-screen on location between Yosemite and Santa Monica, California and features dancer Maceo Paisley.

Speaking about the video, Aranovich says: "I’ve long been a fan of Beirut’s music. In fact, the very first short film I directed in film school was set to a Beirut song. There’s something in the rhythm and sound of ‘Perth’ that immediately conjures images in my mind of funk-era dance; I knew I wanted to throw back to that period. Nature is somewhat like a church to me – a place of reverence that is deeply democratic in that it belongs to both everyone and no one. These places are as beautiful as they are a neutral canvas, as real as they are surreal.”

Beirut are one of the acts announced this week for the 6Music Festival, which takes place in Bristol. Upcoming Beirut dates below.

FEBRUARY
12 London, Roundhouse
13 Manchester, Albert Hall
14 Bristol, 6Music Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment