Thursday, February 11, 2016

Watch :: Arthur Beatrice share 'real life' video for 'Real Life'





After dropping new single 'Real Life' last week - taken from their new album 'Keeping The Peace' out May 20 on Polydor/Open Assemble Recs and which is a collaboration with London Contemporary Orchestra (Johnny Greenwood, David Byrne) - Arthur Beatrice follow it up this with the visuals to the gospel tinged track.

The George Belfield (Wet, Kwabs, Paloma Faith) directed video reflects the song’s meaning of whether we can ever make the same sacrifices our parents made, and ultimately, accepting those challenges and responsibilities while embracing selfless parenthood. It follows real life south-London couple, Daryl and Dylan through the final stages of pregnancy. This is their life. Their family. Their documentary.

On the video’s concept Arthur Beatrice’s Elliot Barnes says: "When I was younger, my dad told me that he hadn't felt any more grown up since the age of 21. Once I was 21 myself I realised how crazy it was that I probably wouldn't feel any more prepared for the rest of my life, and that he had felt like I did when he'd got married and had me. I felt like it was rare to have a song that was a Thank You to your parents, that it would be nice to show that excitement and fear of having a child in the most direct way possible.

"Dylan and Daryl were amazing in allowing George to document their experience, and he in turn was incredible in showing just how surreal the whole thing is with his unique take on story telling.”

The band have also announced a show at London's Scala on May 25, which follows next week's sold out ICA show.

No comments:

Post a Comment