Thursday, March 17, 2016

[Video] Virgin Kids - Cracks In A Colour





Directed by Joseph Wilson, Virgin Kids unveil the video to their 'Cracks In A Colour', taken from their debut album 'Greasewheel'.

Written and inspired by Suspiria a 1977 Italian horror film directed by Dario Argento, which follows a young female dancer starting a class at a haunted ballet school, the garage punk band asked Wilson to do a video after having seen him perform and document the drag scene in London over the past couple years.

“We really wanted a video that featured contemporary dance and thought that getting drag dancers involved would be a welcome change from the stereotypical 'macho lad rock' approach that you tend to see in the garage rock scene.”

Joseph Wilson:  “When I first heard 'Cracks In A Colour',  I immediately envisioned a race. The steady verses paced perfectly in-between full energy choruses. I loved it. I went and saw Virgin Kids play last year and, as expected, the crowd was full of grungy skater kids smashing their hair back and forth whilst repetitively jumping up and down as if stuck on a trampoline. I closed my eyes and slowly started pivoting my wrists around as if pushing away thick air. I thought about the colourful nights, the eccentric looks and the passion for music that is endless amongst the drag scene.”

No comments:

Post a Comment