Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews, today we take time out with FEWS.
American-Swedish FEWS specialise in propulsive, motorik noise-pop. Their epic eight minute debut single ‘ILL’ was released on producer Dan Carey’s Speedy Wunderground label, abd was described by The Times as a "meeting of NEU! and the Jesus Mary Chain." Their sell-out tour with Spring King enhanced their reputation as an exhilarating live act. Debut album 'Means' is released on May 20.
1. First time at TGE?
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
A first-time newbie, I guess. I don't mind losing my virginity to be honest!
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
I'm not sure really. Hopefully the whole event, but we'll see since we are releasing our debut album on the 20th!
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
When we all lose it. That can happen whenever during the set, but towards the end is where the climax usually happens.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish 'n' chips, or other?
The bar most of the time, but also at our merch table letting people sign our bodies and looking for after parties, basically.
6. Aside from building sandcastles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
Since it's our first time we don't know that much except the beach, obviously, so if you want to guide us or anything - get in touch! Let's hang out.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Obviously our homies - Spring King, Amber Arcades, Blaenavon and MONEY. This year's line-up is quite insane. I would also love to see Eagulls, Pixx, Essaie Pas and Haus, but if any of these crash with our set - fuck them.
8. Where and when can we catch you at the festival?
At The Hope & Ruin 9:30pm - 10:00pm on Saturday 21st May.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Stay hydrated and don't be a dick. Everyone likes nice people.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."
It's sex-like, intense and we don't mind going all-in.
(Questions answered by vocalist/guitarist Fred.)
Track FEWS on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 19 - 21. Click here for further information.