Wednesday, May 17, 2017
The Great Escape Artist Q + A :: EAT FAST
Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we next take time out with EAT FAST.
From 'Byker Drone' and 'Byker Lime Slicer', Newcastle's EAT FAST have pummeled their driving scuzzy psych sound and ferocious, reverbed guitars through wild 210-second whirlwinds of reverb and raunch. Hear the title track of new EP out May 19, 'Immortal Kombat', below.
1. First time at TGE?
Played the unofficial one last year. This year we're legit.
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
Babes in the woods.
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
We'll be in Brighton for approximately 26 hours.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
In between songs, Mark's [bassist Mark Brown] been practising his one-liners.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
We'll be throwing shapes with the Londoners.
6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
We hope to find a snooker hall. Best place to be pre-gig.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Childcare. We need someone to look after James [drummer James King]. Otherwise, Cabbage are supposed to put on a great live show.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
Horatio's, 8:15pm Friday.
Sticky Mike's Frog Bar, 7:15pm Saturday.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Remember to say please and thank you.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because...
...because we have no friends.
(Questions answered by guitarist John Edgar)
Track EAT FAST on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.