Thursday, June 15, 2017

City Calm Down are after your 'Blood' on new single





Words: Ellie Ward

Out on the always reliable Australian label I OH YOU (DMA's, DZ Deathrays, Violent Soho), 'Blood' is the new single from Melbourne's City Calm Down. 

Taken from their forthcoming second album, 'Blood' was Inspired by a standoff with a former employer.

"I ended up quitting my job," singer Jack Bourke elucidates. "My boss was being inflexible but I was also being self absorbed, and the lyrics reflect that. They touch on the grind of work and how easy it is to isolate yourself from the people who matter to you by being too caught up in your own ambition and what you're doing."


As is to be expected from a band with a track record such as CCD have, 'Blood' is all anthemic urgency overtoned with joyful crescendos with Jack Bourke’s vocals at their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment