Monday, June 05, 2017

The Bandicoots share new single 'Dead End Street'




Words: Sam Geary

Ontario, Canada's alt-rockers The Bandicoots share newest single 'Dead End Street', out on June 23.

After self-releasing their first two EPs, this new ollow-up to 'Rocky Horror', this new release
sees the quartet bring more of their trademark 60s style harmonies and layered guitars to the table.

Singer Justin Ross explains how 'Dead End Street' came to be:

"When I’m writing songs, I usually find myself hiding behind the words as often as possible. I’ll pile on as many metaphors I can so that when I eventually get up to sing them in front of people, the ones I’m singing about might not realize its about them. With this tune though, I basically said fuck it and tried to be as clear as I could. Doing that kind of helped me smooth out the edges ofthe thing I was dealing with, since I was forcing myself to stare straight at it."

Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment