Saturday, July 01, 2017

Track Of The Day :: Basement Revolver - Tree Trunks


Credit: Yoshi Cooper


Words: Sam Geary

From Hamilton, Ontario in Canada come Basement Revolver, and the lead track from their upcoming EP 'Agatha' - out on July 21 via Yellow K Records (US) and Fear of Missing Out Records (UK).

Following last year's EP and debut single 'Johnny', 'Tree Trunks' again features the heavy bass line behind Chrisy Hurn's affecting ethereal vocals and guitar work.

'Tree Trunks' was written when I started experiencing panic attacks for the first time, and my increasing need to find a professional who could help me to find better ways to cope," reveals Hurn. "It also tries to mirror how I imagine the environment feels sometimes - and how the environment is tied to many people's mental health. I was very fortunate to find the help that I needed and I would encourage everyone to go after the mental health resources that are available to them."

Listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment