Monday, November 27, 2017

Track Of The Day :: East Of My Youth - Go Home





Words: Sam Geary

Icelandic duo East of My Youth capture some Björk quirkiness on this just released new synth-infused single, 'Go Home', out now via West Of My Future Ltd.

From its eerie electronica opening with Thelma Marín Jónsdóttir’s rich vocal ably partnering Herdís Stefánsdóttir’s off-kilter beats, humming synths, a quirky bass line and soaring harmonies, it's a song that is both different and interesting.

Talking about the track, Herdís explains: “I was sitting in the studio and playing around on my MicroKorg synth, listening to A$AP Rocky. The song came really easily. We were in such a good mood the we went downtown and Thelma bought herself new shoes and then we went back to the studio and had some wine and danced.”

Tune in below.

No comments:

Post a Comment