Monday, June 25, 2018

Track Of The Day :: Basement Revolver - Knocking


Credit: Ro Agalawatte


Words: Ellie Ward 

Hamilton, Ontario indie rock trio Basement Revolver dropped their second single 'Knocking' last Friday (June 22), and it's a thing to hear.

The bewitching, intimate and atmospheric five-minute track is taken from their debut album, 'Heavy Eyes', out on August 24 via Fear of Missing Out Records and Sonic Unyon. Vocalist and guitarist Chrisy Hurn dominates the dingy with her keening vocals.

"I often still can’t sing it without crying," she admits. "I wrote it after writing my family a long letter that came clean about my past, and about some of the shit that I have been through. Hard things that left me feeling shameful, or like a disappointment to them...  I got to a point where I didn’t recognize myself, or all the anger that I was holding inside. I basically kept telling myself that I was garbage, broken, unloveable, used and a whole other slur of things.

"I think that knocking was my way out of that dark place. I told my boyfriend everything, and he just loved and supported me through it. I told my family everything, and they felt that they could understand me better..."



No comments:

Post a Comment