Friday, July 20, 2018

Track Of The Day :: Blue Velvet - Wasted Youth





Words: Leah Raymond

Released yesterday (July 19), Sydney emo rock quartet Blue Velvet follow 'Stay Inside All Day' and 'You're Not Going Home' with a third whammy in ‘Wasted Youth’.

The vibrant, uplifting number, which precedes their forthcoming EP, out later in the year, is the perfect drive-to song, combining edgy, relatable lyrics with hooky guitars, a zippy rhythm and singalong chorus.

“I’m at a time in my life right now where I have this insane responsibility to determine the person I’m going to be for the rest of my life, and I’m terrified of getting trapped in a bubble of completely ignoring adulthood," says drummer Lewis Armstrong. “The song is also a reflection on the band, and where we’re going. We‘re not the same people that we were last year, our attitudes on life and music have matured and there’s something so exciting about that."

Catch Blue Velvet live on August 3 at Grace Darling Hotel in Collingwood, Melbourne, followed by a free entry single launch show on August 10 at Vic on the Park in Sydney.


No comments:

Post a Comment