Friday, October 19, 2018

Check into King Nun's powerful 'Greasy Hotel'




Words: Sam Geary

King Nun have dropped the latest track lifted from their forthcoming EP, 'I Have Love', which is out next month via Dirty Hit.

The strong 'Greasy Hotel', says the band's frontman Theo, was written after they heard girl had been grabbed during one of their shows. "This was made worse by the fact the guy reporting it said she shouldn’t be there if she was concerned about this happening. I felt so angry and guilty I didn’t know what to do with myself. This was the first time we’d experienced anything like this and it was definitely an eye opening experience for us. I wrote the first version of the song in a couple of minutes.

"We wanted the lyrics in the chorus to stand out and I felt it was important for the audience to hear ‘Take your hands off of her’ mid set. The song serves as reminder of our stance on this, as well as helping to vent on what I feel is a really important issue." .

Live dates

NOVEMBER
13 Jimmy’s, Manchester
14 Sound Basement, Liverpool
15 Cafe Totem, Sheffield
16 The Garage, Glasgow
18 Hyde Park Book Club, Leeds
19 Bodega, Nottingham
20 The Waterfront, Norwich
21 Camden Assembly, London
22 The Louisiana, Bristol

No comments:

Post a Comment