Tuesday, October 30, 2018

** PREMIERE ** West Parade - Flat 65





Words: Ellie Ward

Earlier in the year Little Indie brought you the debut release from West London bedroom producer Charlie Chipchase under the name South Parade.

The fusion of lo-fi beats, R&B tinged rhythms and soulful vocal on 'Leech' had us gripped. However, due to "copyright issues" that project has since changed its name to West Parade, and debuted its glitchy indie electronica a few months ago in demo form with 'Abinger'.

Now Little Indie is pleased to premiere the follow up track, and official first release, from the new West Parade project.

'Flat 65', which is digitally released on November 1, opens its doors on a low-key note before bringing in synths, guitars, drum machines, and "a bit of singing" - all produced from his tiny attic room in Chiswick - which offers a laid-back, yet absorbing listen.

This track, Charlie tells us, was initially conceptualized about three years ago while he was studying in Amsterdam, and completed back home in London. "My music is always shaped by the surroundings in which I write, so it’s named after my flat number. I was playing around with some custom synths on Logic and stumbled upon what became the main chords in this tune. I think it has depth and warmth, but I wanted to apply that to a more pop-focused context."

Look out for West Parade's inaugural show before the end of the year. "I'm hoping to make my debut gig in a flat above Metropolis Studios during the run up to Christmas," says Charlie. "Just me and a bunch of keyboards, guitars and pads. It's going to be a bit of an experiment, but the result should be quite visually interesting."

Check out 'Flat 65' below.

Follow West Parade on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment