Wednesday, May 08, 2019

The Great Escape Q + A :: BABii





It's time once again for Little Indie's annual seaside excursion to The Great Escape - and for our usual pick of some of the artists we have down for bringing something special to the Brighton festival.

Today we feature emerging Margate-based electro-pop artist BABii. With her debut album, 'HiiDE', set for release on July 5 on Deathwaltz Originals, latest single 'CARNiiVORE' showcases her ability to layer skittering beats and thick synths with heavy bass, dark lyrics and sweet vocals.


1. First time at TGE?

*·゜·*:.。.*.。.:*·☆·No way! Haha.

2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?

I have been to TGE every year since 2010 pretty much. I lived in Brighton for a long time, before moving back to my home town, and also have always been doing some kinda music thing, so someone always found something for me to do a TGE. ·*:.。.*.。.:*·☆·

3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?

♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚ I am playing every day of the festival so, I’ll be there all weekend. Also there is such a good line up this year, and lots of friends to see, so it’s gonna be a pretty jam packed 3 days.♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚

4. The highlight of your set will be...?

●~:*:●~:*:●~:* Well, I am might slip in a song I made with Iglooghost, which is a rap about being the pokemon geodude wanting to be a shiney card and it’s so fun to play. So that will be my highlight, but I dunno if it will be yours too.~:*:●~:*::●~:*:●

5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?

 *:;:*◇*:;:*◆ Might buy some mushy peas and eat them with my hands or something. Basically you will just find me acting like a child clown somewhere with my friends. *:;:*◇*:;:*◆



6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?

◆*:;:*◇*:;:* I’ll probably go to the pier at some point, to play arcade games and collect loads of tickets to treat myself to lots of stupid toys!◆*:;:*◇*:;:*

7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?

‧͙⁺˚*·༓☾ There are way to many good ones! ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ʕ˵• ᴥ •˵ʔ Injury Reserve, Aitch, Oliver Tree, AJ Tracy, Lorenzo Senni, 404. ʕ˵• ᴥ •˵ʔ

8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。
✿°。 Thursday 3.30pm - The Hope & Ruin   ✿°
Friday 12.50 - ROM party
✿°。Friday 2.15am - The Komedia   ✿°
Saturday 2pm - Tempest Inn
.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

9. Any tips for festival goers?

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* Don’t make plans, if something has a massive que just go somewhere else and discover something new, if you feel drunk at 3 in the afternoon drink some water so you don’t cook your books and have fun! *:·゚✧*:·゚✧

10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."

... I am the sweetest angel ミ(*◕‿◕*)彡

Track BABii on Facebook

The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 9 - 11. Click here for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment