Monday, June 10, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Slow Shudder - Replay


Credit: Liyv


Words: Sam Geary 

Amanda Mayo, Seattle-based electronic alt-pop/R&B artist and producer known as Slow Shudder, has dropped another cut from her forthcoming EP, "Off The Rails', with 'Replay'.

Released last Friday (June 7), her evocative and seductive vocals are enhanced by a punchy bassline, and experimental, electronic effects that build towards a synth crescendo that mixes in elements of wonky alt-pop.

"I started writing it shortly after moving to Los Angeles," she says of 'Replay'. "After a breakup, I'd decided to stop dating altogether for a bit to focus on music, but a few months later, found myself crushing hard on an artist I was working with. I would replay all his tracks and all our conversations in my head, but not let on that I was interested. We were friends and collaborators for a while, but after almost a year, that artist (Cosmicosmo) and I started dating. Once I got deeper into the production, I thought it'd be appropriate to ask him to co-produce it with me, and I love how it turned out with both of our creative inputs."

Listen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment