Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Bristol's MOUSE squeaks up on 'Glow'





Words: Sam Geary 

Bristol-via-Scotland hyper-pop artist Mouse is squeaking out (sorry) with her third single, ‘Grow‘, out now via Leisure Records.

‘Grow’ is a personal lyrical journey of how she overcame her struggle with mental health problems and depression.

“My battle with my mental health had lasted for as long as I could remember and I came close to losing it on a few occasions," she relates. :I was told that full recovery from my conditions was impossible and instead, I’d learn to live with them. I wasn’t convinced that this was true. ‘Grow’ was written after I left one of my final therapy sessions, in which I felt a sudden euphoria. I told my counsellor it was like I was finally seeing everything in HD. This song is a celebration of that exact moment and the tenacity it took to get there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment