Monday, January 13, 2020

Pet Shimmers go for body positivity on ‘Post-Dick Circle Fuck’


Credit: Mariana Sabio


Words: Sam Geary 

Bristol six-piece Pet Shimmers are set to drop a surprise debut album - 'Face Down In Meta' -  out on January 31, just ahead of their upcoming UK tour alongside (Sandy) Alex G.

Here they precede it with track offering ‘Post-Dick Circle Fuck’ which grabbles body positivity vs millennial angst (“I’m not sorry about my body / I’m not sorry about my pussy”).

"Not everybody is totally stoked on themselves and P-DCF kinda says, 'Let’s talk about that'," says band leader Oliver Wilde.

Listen below.



Live dates w/ (SANDY) Alex G

FEBRUARY
07 Liverpool - Phase One
08 Dublin - The Button Factory
09 Glasgow - St Luke's
10 Leeds - Brudenell Social Club
12 London - EartH
14 Bristol - Thekla
15 Brighton - The Old Market
17 Wiesbaden - Schlachthof
18 Brussels - Botanique
20 Hamburg - Molotow
22 Berlin - Lido
24 Prague - Underdogs Ballroom
25 Zurich - Bogen F
27 Barcelona - Razzmatazz
28 Madrid - Sala El Sol

MARCH
02 Paris - Point Ephemere
04 Cologne - Bumann & Sohn
06 Groningen - Vera

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like the song and the video is brilliant! Definitely will look for more of Pet Shimmers' stuff.

    I would like to return the favour and reverse the role.

    If anyone from Little Indie, find themselves in London next week, I would love to invite you to a gig of an artist that I represent - Jennings Couch. He will be playing at The Monarch in Camden on 22nd January from 8 pm and I would love it if you would be able to come.

    (No expectations of an article, just wanted to show you more of great music!)

    Here's a link to Jennings' music and the Facebook event. If you have any questions, please let me know!

    https://open.spotify.com/artist/43RClIsYeah1rNFfJq25b6

    https://www.facebook.com/events/2824360134281816/

    ReplyDelete